Friday, June 14, 2013

How I Got a Nice Purse for $7


A year ago the zipper on my purse broke.  Kinda tragic . . . okay, not really, but it made a nice purse hard to use.  I didn't have money, so I got a hand me down from my Grandma R.  It did the job, but the purse was heavy and hurting my back.

I've been trying to find a purse since, but with no luck.

Then I went to Girls Night at Tai Pan Trading in the Orem University Mall.  Before entering I declared to my family that I was going to win a purse in the prize drawing.  They have the cutest purses!  But they are also pricey.

Krista declared that she would win the purse for me.  We were there for the full two hours, collecting tickets, and standing in the right spot every 15 minutes, in which only one person would win a prize.  Purses mixed in with gift cards.  In the past they had more prizes, but I remained confident.

Then, in the last hour, Krista won a $20 gift card.  She walked over and gave it to me, but I quickly gave it back, declaring that I would win one too.

During the brakes between the drawings I walked around the purse section, and settled on the purse pictured above.  It was perfect.  Right color.  Right size.  Perfect length shoulder strap.  I stared at the purse and pictured my winning it.

Then, in the next drawing, I won a $20 gift card!  

I heard there was a 10% store wide sale going on, and the purse was $50.  I didn't have enough for it, but my Mom offered to help, so I walked up to the counter.  When I was told how much I needed to pay, the gal said I owed $7+tax.  I was baffled!  Then she said there was a store wide 35% off sale on all accessories.  Having only $10 in my wallet I had just enough.

So lucky and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment