Thursday, October 4, 2012

Death to my Coolpix


My Nikon Coolpix s8100 digital camera is official dead. 

Date of death: October 2, 2012
Time of death: 7:00 pm
Death location: Institute parking lot at UVU
Cause of death: Accidently dropping it from a height of 1 1/2 feet
Proof of Death:  Lens error

 My camera gave me the dreaded "lens error" a couple days ago!  Of course dropping a camera is never a good idea, I don't recommend it, but it wasn't that far of a drop, and it was in its case.  Depressing.  This isn't the first time I've been through this.  A few years ago I had an earlier version of the Nikon Coolpix.  The camera was laying on my desk, lens down, when I went to pick it up.  My finger graced the "on/off" button, and the camera turned on, pushing the lens out, only to come back in.  Refusing to work.  Needless to say, I'm never getting a Nikon again.  They're fragile.

Now I'm going through "I don't have a camera with me at all times" anxiety.  My cell phone is an old, basic model, and takes really bad pictures.  Someday I'll be able to afford a nifty smartphone complete with a great data plan.

R.I.P my poor camera.

Some of the websites I visited that had good tips, just none that helped me.  It's nice realizing I'm not the only one fated with the ill "lens error":

No comments:

Post a Comment