Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cerulean Jade Update 10-23-2012

(An old picture of Steven working on Dream Maze)

I hope everyone has had a chance to hear Steven and my cover song "Someone Like You" on Youtube; we're so close to getting 200 views.  I can't remember how fast it took "Payphone" to hit that mark, but Payphone is inching closer to 1,000.  That's exciting!

We've decided that our next major song is going to be original, complete with a snazzy music video.  We're hoping to have two original songs out by the end of the year.  The first, an Electric Pop style song, is a definite.  The second is a more jazz/pop like song I wrote a little while back that just happens to be my Grandma's favorite song I've written.  The second is going to be interesting, because even though there's a jazz influence, we're going to have the base of the arrangement be the guitalele/ukalele.  Thing is, these are new instruments to the both of us!  So I'm working through the chords now.

And to help me get comfortable with the guitalele I'm doing a Jason Mraz cover song to "Living in the Moment."  I picked that song for two reasons: one, it helps me learn the instrument, and two, the lyrics are helping me stay focused!  It's a great song.

Also, Steven, Robbie (my brother who just got home from his mission), and I are going to start a movie review web series!  We're all obsessed with going to, and then analyzing, movies.  My brother Robbie is getting his degree in Digital Media: T.V. and Film from UVU.  Steven got his degree in Digital Media: Gaming and Animation.  So movies are something we're all passionate about.  It's going to be a lot of fun.  

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Jason Mraz is the bomb. Just sayin'... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His music is fantastic! I love "I won't Give Up." Such a beautiful song.

      Delete