Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Orem Summerfest

Last weekend was Summerfest in Orem UT.  It's part carnival, art show, car show,
music performances, baby contest, 5k, parade, all leading up to
an epic firework show.     





This is one of my most favorite parts of Summer.  I look forward to it each year.  
Actually, the firework show is my favorites, even, 
in my crazy opinion, besting 4th of July's Stadium of Fire.
(It's free, and the parking isn't insane!)


There was a chance the firework show wasn't going to work out this year.
It was supper windy, crazy windy, and cold.  Thankfully my Dad was Volunteering 
with his Ham radio group, and my brother and I were getting up to date information
on what was happening with the show.  The winds were suppose to calm down around
ten, so they were going to shoot a couple off to see where they go.  Thankfully those
running the show decided to go for it.


(I think these look like palm trees).  The whole show was epic.  4 or 5 of the fireworks
exploded on the ground.  That was honestly really cool. 


My brother Steven.  We shared a funnel cake (my first, as sad
as that sounds) and it was hard not getting the 
powdered sugar everywhere.  (Did I mention
how windy it was?)  It was quite a mess!


Doing the good ol' "taking a picture of myself" pose.  
Proof of how cold I was!  You
wouldn't think it was June.

Have a great day!!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. That just fills me with anxiety...Maybe when my kids are older and they aren't kidnapper fodder, I might do it...until then, I will hide in my house for Summerfest...and the 4th of July...and Strawberry days...and...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit chaotic! I've never been to Strawberry days, or the rodeo. I wish it wasn't so expensive. Back when my Mom was a little girl in 4-H, she did horse competitions at Strawberry Days and won a couple ribbons. One of these years I'll really have to go.

      Delete