Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Joy of Stop Motion Animation

(Public Domain image.  Source info found here.)

This post is more for fun.  For years I've been a huge fan of stop motion animation, first learning about it while watching those old claymation Christmas specials.  


It's super time consuming, but the end results are a lot of fun.  I've been collecting some of my favorite youtube videos.


This video is amazing!  I was blown away when I first saw it.  It was actually done as a commerical, advertizing this book store in Toronto called Type Books.  Maybe I love it so much because I collect books, but regardless, it's still brilliant.  


This is an official music video called In Your Arms by Kina Grannis.  It took them a year to plan and shoot, using a whole lot of jelly beans, first planning it using computers.  Then Kina would lay down, and each frame was a single photo.  The video is seamless, and the song is a lot of fun too.  There's a behind the scenes video that goes along with this that is interesting.


I stumbled across this video by Rymdreglage while searching for original 8-bit music videos (I'm obsessed with 8-bit music too; it's the 80's girl in me).  8-bit+legos+stop motion animation=automatic awesomeness. 


Another music video, only this is J-Pop.  This song, Makemagic, is addicting (at least I think so) but the video is cute.  I saw the behind the scenes for this video on digista, a NHK show, and was super impressed by the girls, all students, who put this together.  The song tells the story of Cinderella who, instead of falling in love with the prince, fell in love with the wizard who made her beautiful instead.  I love it!


My brother showed me this video, because it's one of his favorites.  For me it takes a little time to get into, but I love the note doodles and the way they planned this out.

Enjoy!
Have a great day,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Have you gone up to Thanksgiving Point and seen their stop animation projects? They are pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, what? I don't know anything about this! I would love to see it.

      Delete