Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Margot Elena Fall 2021 Subscription Box, No 16

 
"A new beauty is in the air! As the days get shorter and the air more crisp, we invite you to sit & savor the change with this fall-inspired collection. Full of feelgood, comforting treats, we hope these favorites continue to inspire moments of beauty throughout the season." From the insert card

It's been awhile since I've done a subscription box review.  In the past I've done several including Popsugar, FabFitFun, and Lootcrate Harry Potter.  I was on product overload and needed a break, though for quite awhile I've been eyeing Margot Elena's subscription box.  At the start of the pandemic I noticed her website being advertised, and I began visiting it as an escape, trying to imagine what all the pretty items smelled like.

It's hard to know where to start!  I've gotten some of her items in other subscription boxes and loved them.  And I remember getting Tokyomilk lip balm from a gift shop at Ragged Point California.  That was a special trip.  

This is the second box I've received, the first being the Summer 2021 box.  I was so excited that I just tore through everything and didn't take a single photo.  This time I had the patients for just a few pictures.

 
I love how everything is wrapped up!  Every item is a gift.

 
I love everything in this box!
 
The Wish Lollia shower gel smells lovely.  Sugared Pastille is the scent.  A Lollia shower gel is the very first Margot Elena product I've ever tried, loved it, used it all up, so I know I'm going to love this as well.
 
I'm so excited to have the Kabuki Bon Bon hand cream!!!  As I would look through the website I'd imagine some of the products I would love to receive.  This was one of the items I really wanted.  I love Japan and Japanese culture, and the box/hand cream tube is just beautiful.  Honestly, I'm keeping it in the box.   The scent notes are Sugared Grapefruit, Lychee, Warm Vanilla & Sweet Jasmine, and it's just so softly sweet, like a delicate bon bon.  Really nice.

Finest Perfumed Soap is the one item made in France (everything else is made in the USA, which is awesome), and the scent notes are Crushed Citrus, Jasmine, Crisp Greens & Neroli. Love, love, love!!  Who doesn't love French soap?!  The last box had a bar of soap as well, which I loved, so I'm excited to try this scent.  I collect soap bars when I travel, so I really like trying new scents and formulas.

Then we got a set of three greeting cards: Rock On, Go Buck Wild, and Hipster Gnomes.  I'm so living for the Rock On card, and totally going to keep it.  I have a box where I collect postcards I've sent to myself while traveling.  So much fun to go through and read the little adventures.  Every now and then when I find a card I like I write a message, whatever I'm feeling in the moment, and save it like a time box.  The greeting cards are just fun and silly with a Victorian like cheeky flair.

Exclusive Sugar Beet & Blossom Bath soak.  It smells really nice and the little bottle is so cute!!  Love the little wooden spoon.

One of the first spoilers for the box, and why I knew I had to keep the subscription, is because we got the Japanese Plum & White Tea Body Butter.  This is another item I really wanted to try!  So very lucky. And it smells so good and the body butter is so soft.  I'm so in love.

Along with a body butter we also got a dry body oil!  Lollia Dream, with the scent notes of White Tea & Honeysuckle.  Another scent I love!  After visiting the website I see we didn't get the box, which is beautiful, so that would have been nice, but I do love the scent.

And the last two items are from the new Infinite She line.

Inspired Eau de Parfum Rollerball.  Fragrance Notes Passion + Creativity: Violet Leaf + Jasmine.  I really like it.  Who doesn't like a little inspiration?  And the message behind the line is really positive. It was interesting reading some of the reactions to this spoiler online, as quite a few people don't like the styling aesthetic theme, saying it was very teenage.  I get where they're coming from, as it's more simple and fresh, whereas other Margot Elena products are a combination of elegant whimsy.  From a smell standpoint I do like what I've sampled thus far.  The simple roller ball is nice.

Exclusive Mini Find Your Fire Candle.  When I showed my Mom and one of my sister-in-laws the box, both on separate occasion when seeing the candle said, "Oh, I like that."  I do like the aesthetic of the candle, and so far it's burning clean, which I always love.  The fragrant notes are Ginger Flower, Honeyed Amber, Passion fruit.  The scent is soft, but warm, and it's one I've really grown to love.


I'm just really happy with everything.

Margot Elena is a $59 + shipping subscription, 4 times a year, and the current box they're selling is for the Winter box.  For now I'm going to enjoy everything in this Fall box. :0)
 
P.S. My current favorite song right now is "Something's Changing" by Rosie Doonan.  It was the background song on a sourdough video!  And after a few seconds I stopped watching the video and started listening to the song.  Thankfully someone in the comment section stated what is was, because I couldn't find it by plugging the lyrics into the search engine.  The song's on Spotify.  Her music is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment