Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Creator's Playbook Podcast, Episode 74 - "Ships passing on the big blue wet thing" - Getting Lost

The Creator's Playbook 

Episode 74 - "Ships passing on the big blue wet thing" - Getting Lost

Hosts: My bros. Steven, Robbie, and I. :D

"Have you ever had that moment when you realized that you weren't as sure of where you were than you thought? The landmarks are gone, the familiar faces missing, and your direction seems lost forever. What do you do in times like those? Better yet, what do your characters do? How do stories about getting lost help a character grow? In today's episode we explore why stories include "getting lost" elements, and how you can best use these tropes in your own stories."

Oh my goodness, what a silly episode.  At least it felt a little silly while recording it.  We recorded late at night, and the crazy comes out around that time.  I listened to it, and it's always interesting listening to the final product vs how it felt recording.  There's always that moment in the middle of recording where I'm pleading with my brain, "Come up with something!"  But the episode really came together!  Bad puns and all. :P

I think we've all experienced getting lost.  It's a little scary, unless you find the experience rather exhilarating.  Some people like being lost.  Rather in our own life, or in stories, being lost is a chance for discovery.  A chance for growth.  And sometimes it's simply a test of will.  Being lost can last minutes to years.  What will you find while getting found?

The Creator's Playbook is a podcast on Spotify and other platforms, hosted by my brothers and I.  It's all about storytelling, techniques, ideas, and discovery.

Have a great weekend!  
I hope you have a listen,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment