Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Marshmallow Mishap

 
 
Take 2 on the s'mores party, only this time it was just Robbie, Lindsay, their girls, my Dad, Mom, and I hanging around the fire pit, trying to not get fire in our eyes.  (It burns!!!)

My baby niece, who can now walk with great speed and agility, was heading straight for the fire.  Lindsay quickly grabbed her, giving her a little warning.

"It's easy to have no fear when you have no understanding," I said while roasting a marshmallow that just caught flame.  My Dad commented that I should remember the line to use elsewhere, so I fumbled for my phone in my right had.  In my left hand I quickly blew out the flame while also holding a broken in half graham cracker and a still wrapped Hershey bar.

The best way to remember the phrase was to share it on the family text thread, as I'd probably forget the line while rushing to get a piece to paper.  Texting single-handedly is not a talent of mine, taking all focus to get those few words out.  Feeling quite victorious someone then shouted, "Your marshmallow!" 

I looked at the marshmallow, burnt charred on a metal stick.  The flame whimpering out on its own accord.  I didn't blow hard enough.  As I texted the flame exercised its will, claiming victory of its own.

By the time I disposed of the marshmallow (not the best taste), I had melted the chocolate with body heat, the s'more becoming quite tricky to assemble.

A few awkward moments later the graham, chocolate and a newly burnt marshmallow were together in a happy little sandwich, and it was quite delicious.

Have a great week!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment