Thursday, July 15, 2021

Under the Knife

I'm writing this at 8:17 pm on Tuesday and will be scheduling this to post Thursday morning at 2 am.  Which means when you read this I will hopefully be sound asleep in bed, recuperating.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting my gallbladder out.  Yesterday I met with the surgeon and was previously told that after this visit I'd have to wait three weeks for the operation.  Well,  he asked me "How would you like to get it out this week?  How about Wednesday?"  "Wednesday!?" I proclaimed. Needless to say I've been in shock these last couple days.

Am I doing the right thing?  Will I see any improvements?  So many questions.  It came down to this, I'm getting worse.  I have a large gallstone in the process of passing with many small ones right behind, just the right size to get lodged in the pancreas and cause gallstone pancreatitis.  It's an awful condition.  My Mom had her gallbladder out.  I have two cousins, younger, who have there's out.  Pretty much without the surgery I'm going to get worse, and I'm prone to more gallstones.  With the surgery I have a hope for better health.

It's now 10:05 pm.  My bro Michael, Krista, and the kids came over and hung out a little.  Really lifted my mood and took my mind off things.  But alas, here I am again.

I've been studying the New Testament, and these last few months I've been envisioning the women with the issue of blood who touched Christ's hem and was healed instantly.  Her strong faith helping in her healing.  I've just been thinking how nice it would be to be healed instantly.  Touch Christ's hem and feel no more pain.  But while studying I finally realized that she had suffered for twelve years and spent all her money on physicians.  She was probably ostracized during this time as well.  Twelve whole years. 

I might not have Christ's hem to touch, but I'm thankful for what we have, spiritually and physically.  Modern miracles in medicine.  And also, with my faith, the gift of healing blessings.  I just had one, but previously I had three: last March while on the trip, on my birthday when I was sick, and on fathers day when I was having more issues.  Each time the blessing was given by someone different, each one not present for the other blessings.  All three blessed me that I'd know what I needed to do, but also that I needed to seek out medical professionals.  I wanted to solve this problem all by myself, but each blessing advised me otherwise, which led me on the path of discovering the gallstones.  

I've experienced little miracles in the past.  Off and on I've had issues with dairy, but in middle school it got really bad.  When I was 14 I had to have jaw surgery, was wired shut for 9.5 weeks, and had to be on a liquid diet this whole time.  Not being able to have milk would have made it difficult, but after the surgery I was suddenly able to have milk, and many a milkshake I had along with endless bottles of Boost. >_<  When the surgical braces came off, all of a sudden I couldn't have milk again.  It was so weird, but I'm thankful for the blessing.

So now I'm nervous.  Hopeful.  Dreading the recovery.  Praying it won't be That bad.  But I need to do it.  I'm going to have faith, and face whatever challenges come my way.

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment