Thursday, July 1, 2021

Around the Mountain to Park City Utah

In the last year driving up to Midway Utah has become a treat, which started during the lock downs as a way to get away, and continued since as Midway is a delightful little town.  It now feels like a second home of sorts.  

Last Saturday my Mom and I took a drive to Midway, drove around, got snacks from the bakery, and then noticed a sign next to one of the many golf courses of a road leading to Park City.  We haven't visited in ages, and thought it would be fun to take this unknown path.

Oh My Goodness!!!  Pine Canyon Drive, closed during the Winter (according to Google) for a reason, was really nice, but a little scary as well.  There was a sign warning of switchbacks and the narrow road, which brought me back to memories of France.  Narrow roads can be a little nerve wrecking.
 
The scenery was lovely.  The mountains and fields still green from all the rain.  Temperature in the cool 70's/60's.  There were a couple stretches where the quaking aspen trees danced in the breeze, their leaves rustling and shimmering in song.

But there was a moment on the way up when the road did a nearly 180 switchback, the road really narrow, and then winding around next to a cliff drop.  It was at that moment I grabbed my phone, as my Mom was driving, and searched on maps for Park City's location: 9 miles in 30 minutes.

The drive was beautiful and I'm glad we did it once.
 
As my Mom said: One and Done!
 
:P






Hope you're having a great week,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment