Sunday, June 27, 2021

Kindness From Online Strangers

The internet gets a bad rap sometimes.  There's a lot of focus on all the arguments, cancellations, and attacks.  If you want to find that, it can be found rather easily, though there are wonderful places to hang out on the net as well, which can also be easily found.

Last blog post I mentioned a game app I was addicted to and how the game kicked me out of a 3+ year club.  The game suddenly felt lonely, and though I tried searching for the club, nothing was coming up.  I created a new club, named after the old with a variation, hoping someone would find me.  And then the weirdest thing happened, the game kicked me out of the new club, and suddenly I was able to find the old club and rejoin.

A few minutes later I read through the chat, and it was seriously touching.  Everyone wondering what happened to me, someone found the new club but couldn't join, and other odds and ends.  Later found out that someone submitted a ticket to support, and I suspect that's what did it, helping me find the club again.  We surmise that, due to my awesome 150,000 achievement in one day, I got booted to the hacker server, also referred to as trouble island.  That's why I couldn't find the club, because I was on this new server with restriction.  That's the working theory.  

This might all be silly to some of you, but that's okay.  These are people I've known awhile, but I don't know their real names, what they look like, what they do, etc.  We keep it private.  It's all so interesting.  But we do care for each other and help each other out, and it's so nice.

Hope you're having a nice day,

Sarah

P.S. The blood tests came back looking good.  Everything normal.  Good news.  I'm getting a CT Scan this next week, so that will be interesting.

Life moves forward.

P.P.S. Game friends are important to nerds. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment