Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Disneyland Can Wait... For Now

 
(With my parents sometimes in the early 1980's)

I'm getting Disneyland fever!

It's a thing.  It's totally a thing.

But I'm not rushing to Disneyland quite yet.  (And it's taking sure force of will).

Disney World has been open for quite awhile, but it's more expensive to make the trek to that park, and there's policies in place I'm waiting to be lifted.  The whole having to register for a park ahead of time, or it's not available.  Limited transportation.  Virtual lines for major rides.  Virtual queues for food, including counter service.  If you didn't order and reserve food ahead of time you're out of luck.  (At least that's what I'm gathering from YouTube videos).

When it comes to Disneyland I'm more unfamiliar with their rules.  You do have to buy a ticket and then make a park reservation, after the ticket is purchased, and the parks are booked up for the next several weeks.  If I was to go it would probably be in early October, but I don't want to buy a ticket and reserve this far in advance.  What if I get sick, etc?  Disneyland tickets are non-refundable.  I've never bought tickets ahead of time.  Only Rise of the Resistance and the new Spider Man ride, which, according to YouTube POV ride vids, is way too similar to Toy Story Midway Mania, are the only virtual queues.  I don't know how virtual queues are working for the restaurants. 

Maybe I'm just too much of a Disney free spirit.  Typically I love planning, but when I'm at Disneyland it's all "in the moment".  What ride has the lowest line?  What food sounds good?  If we walk fast enough we can catch this show or that parade.  I don't like scheduling everything in.  Spontaneity is where I find some of the fun.

So for now Disneyland can wait.  Someday soon I hope to pass through those gates again, see the train, Mickey's flower face, read the "Here You Leave" plaque hanging over the passage way tunnel, smell the street food, the bakery, hear the music, and see the castle.  Someday soon...

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment