Sunday, June 13, 2021

With Full Heart and Faith

Just a few moments ago I finished watching the Single Adult Face to Face with Elder Andersen, Sister Bingham, and Sister Eubank.  It was an outdoor fireside for single adults in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (some call us Mormon), those that have never married, divorced, or widowed.

My heart is so full right now.  By the end of the program my heart felt something it hasn't for the longest time: Hope and Peace.  Love.  It mainly consisted of single adults bearing their testimonies and faith while in the Thanksgiving Point Gardens, the section with the statues of Christ. 

It's so hard at times being single in this Faith.  There's so many unknowns.  So many uncertainties.  I have so many insecurities.  But there's one thing I'm clinging onto, and that's faith.

I know I need to make more of an effort.  I've let my introversion hide me.  The pandemic affected us all very differently.  We all have our tales to tell.  The closure of social events was a relief at first, but now I'm feeling the pain and fear that's developed since. 

One day I do hope to get married.  I'm not going to let go of that hope.  Whether or not I'll be able to have kids when that finally happens is a mystery.  That's another pain.  There are things I need to improve upon.  I'm going to cling to my faith.  Cling to hope.  Move, progress, improve, no matter what happens.  Maybe marriage will never be in the cards for me, that's a possibility, but only I can choose to be lonely.  There's so much I can do.  There's so much that can be done.  I choose faith. 

Sarah

"The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue--it is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know." ~ Jeffrey R. Holland

 

No comments:

Post a Comment