Friday, April 26, 2019

The Daiso Japanese Light Up Wand Gift my Niece Loved


 What's been so much fun watching my little nieces and nephew grow up is seeing how their personalities develop over time.  Seeing how they change.

They're all growing up too fast!

My youngest nieces are starting to show their personalities a little more.  My toddler niece is more open and likes to giggle, but can be quiet at times.  She's an observer, it seems, and likes a good joke.  My youngest niece loves to explore, but can be really bashful and shy.  This youngest niece I haven't quite connected with yet, because I don't think it's good to force any relationship, but we took a huge step together last week!  And it's all thanks to a little wand from a Japanese Daiso (100 yen store).

I helped babysat her a few weeks ago, and every now and then she would glare at me!  Apparently it's her thinking face, so I'm not taking it personally, but it did have me worried.  She did cuddle with me for a few moments when she needed help with a snack, then she was off playing again.  I kinda laughed and sighed at the same time.

During my recent trip to Japan I went into a Daiso store while in Harajuku.  You can find so many great things at good prices!  They're worth tracking down if you're visiting Japan.  I bought all my Niece and Nephew gifts there, combined under $10.

For my two little nieces I got them a wand that actually lights up, Sailor Moon style.

So cool.

My little niece was so excited!

And in her little way said thank you.

On the way home my sister-in-law texted me: "So on the drive home [my niece] was jabbering and I heard 're-rah jabber jabber wight jabber re-rah'. Translation, she was talking about Sarah and the light, aka the wand, and Sarah.  She's over the moon with it and didn't want to put it away."

That's sweet.

And I saw her a couple days ago, and my little niece didn't hide her head from me and stood next to me while showing me the book she's looking through.

Small steps.  But good steps. :0)

And I haven't given my other nieces and nephew their Daiso finds.

Hope they like them!

Practical and fun.



 This bottom one came from DisneySea. :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment