Monday, April 22, 2019

Mount Fuji From a Distance


 When I visited Japan in 2015 I hoped to see Mount Fuji.  Not up close, as time wouldn't permit, but hopefully from a distance.  On our last day, up in the Sky Tree, Mount Fuji was silhouetted in a rose colored sunset.  That was such a beautiful sight.

This last trip a visit wasn't planned to see Mount Fuji up close, so I hoped weather would be fortunate enough for a distant view.  Sure enough, last Wednesday, after getting off the Shonan Monorail in Enoshima, there stood Fuji, proud and strong, albeit a little hazy.  But still I saw this beautiful mount.

Of course the above pic is a close up, zoomed in shot.


This is what Mount Fuji looked like from the balcony.

So small!  And I had to squint a little!

But I still saw it.

I saw this iconic beautiful death trap ready to spew lava at any moment.

It's an active volcano.  Volcanoes make me nervous.

Even so, I still hope to one day see her up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment