Saturday, November 4, 2017

How To Restore Faith In Yourself

(Edinburgh Castle Sept. 30, 2017)

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged.  Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."

~ Lucille Ball

For starters I love Lucille Ball.

 Secondly, a lot of times I share quotes that I'm still learning from.

I get discouraged all the time, so I'm learning the hard way, but I love her advice.  Get busy!  And be optimistic.  I wish I could say I'm an incredibly optimistic person, but I'm not, as I tend to get caught up with worry, but I desire to be more optimistic.

I guess desire and recognition are the first steps.  And then there's the mind.  I've been focusing a lot on my train of thoughts and have discovered patterns.  Cognitive psychology stuff.  Our thoughts are powerful.  One thing that works, that I need to be more consistent with, is keeping a positivity journal.  At the end of each day write down three good things that happened to you.  It works!  And when I do do it, I notice a difference.  (And now I'm feeling guilty!  Heh.)

I was watching this video about unrequited love, and the bit at the end said that the worst thing a person can do to themselves is to feel like they're not enough.  That hit me in the heart.  And I realized that I have a problem with not feeling good enough in many areas of my life.  Tragic, but an opportunity for growth.

So keep busy!  Learn to be optimistic all the time! 0_0

Honestly, very good goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment