Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Simple New Years Resolution . . .


 My Simple New Years Resolution is to . . .

Believe!

("I know it sounds like a cat poster, but it's true.")

Believe in life.

Believe in myself.

Believe I can be successful.

Believe I can learn Japanese and French.

Believe I can become better at composing music.

But really I simply want to Believe.

There's so many articles that pop up around this time of year that explains why New Year resolutions fail, why goals fail, etc, but personally I feel we fail when we stop believing, or even start without believing in our dreams/ambitions in the first place.

We fail when we lose faith.

So Believe!

Believe you can achieve every good thing your heart desires.

And if you misstep, believe you can begin again.

We only run out of chances when we're dead, and sense we're still breathing we can all succeed in our goals.

Believe.

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~ Audrey Hepburn

And on a funny note, I did get some fun New Years resolutions from Zimbio's The Random New Year's Resolution Generator, just in case "believing" wasn't specific enough.


 A great way to get in shape.


 This is honestly a great idea.


 More books!  And no more lamenting at running out of shelf space.


Yup . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment