Saturday, January 17, 2015

Keeping the Spirit of Christmas


"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." ~Charles Dickens

I think my family has taken this sentiment literally as it is the middle of January, and the Christmas tree is still up, much to The Olaf Cat's delight.

It's our tradition to put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, but we were in California selling my Grandfather's Ventura home, getting it packed, moved, etc, so the tree went up mid December.  The tree has been up a month now.

It will probably come down tomorrow or Monday, which is always a sad affair, and my Mom isn't quite ready to part with it.

But part we must, and keep the spirit and feelings of Christmas the year through.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I'm pre-change-of-heart-scrooge and I want that tree down Christmas day. I'm so much fun for my kids. :D

    ReplyDelete