Wednesday, January 14, 2015

This Girl Can



#ThisGirlCan isn't just the slogan for Sports England, inspiring all women to become physically active without feeling judged or insecure, but it's my new mantra, thanks to watching this new video released January 12, 2015.

"This Girl Can celebrates the women who are doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get. They’re here to inspire us to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome. #thisgirlcan" from their YouTube channel This Girl Can.

It may seem silly to some, but I completely relate.  I haven't been shy about my need to lose weight, but I haven't expressed how it's been going to the gym as of late.  I've been to a couple Zumba classes recently, but before this the last time I attended a class was 40 pounds ago.  I've been self conscious.  I've been hard on myself.  I can feel the extra 40 pounds as I exercise.  And I avoid looking in the mirror.

Goodness, how foolish this thinking is!!  Yeah, I've got a lot of work to do, but this is a process!  And I don't want a quick fix, or get caught up in "lose 8 pounds this week" schemes.

I want a permanent life change.

Women come in all shapes and sizes, and we are all beautiful.

The next time I'm in a Zumba class I'm going to wiggle, jiggle, and be proud of the steps I'm taking towards long term health.

No comments:

Post a Comment