Monday, August 11, 2014

Share a Coke With . . . Mmmmm


 Share a Coke with . . .

I first found out about this new Coca-Cola campaign a couple weeks ago during a trip to Idaho.  While nursing a headache I pulled a coke bottle out of the fridge, turned it around, and saw "Share a coke with . . . (enter random name here)."

"Why would I want to do that?" I said, showing the bottle to all those in the kitchen. "That would be unhygienic."

And then I saw it!

Images of backwash.

Virus's being spread.

The idea of a stranger downing my drink, leaving me none.

Not cool.

I understand the idea behind the advertising.  Spread the coke love!  Right, get that.  I just don't want to share the drink I'm drinking from, which is why I find it a little disturbing drinking from a bottle with a strangers name on it.

I was taught not to talk to strangers, let alone share a drink . . .

BTW, I found a coke bottle with my brother Michael's name.  And I kept it all to myself.  Enjoying every drop.

I tried to find a bottle with "Sarah" on it, so I can share a coke with myself, but I have yet to find one.


In other Coca-cola news, I found these cans of coke shaped like bottles, which I honestly find pretty cool, but not cool enough to buy one at $1.49!

No comments:

Post a Comment