Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Disney Store Tsum Tsum! The Japanese Phenomenon


I became familier with Tsum Tsums a few weeks ago when my brother Steven bought me this really cute Winnie the Pooh tsum tsum from the Burbank CA Disney Store.

These cute stack-able tsum tsums are a Japanese hit, and thanks to this popularity they've come to the USA.  I haven't seen them yet in Utah (I've recently visited both the Disney Store at the Orem University Mall and City Creek in Salt Lake.)

But isn't Pooh adorable!!??

And no sooner then Steven giving me this plush I saw a commercial on the Disney Channel all about them!  (Haven't seen this commercial before or sense, ironically.) ( . . . and yes, I'm 32, and I watch Dog with a Blog and Girl Meets World . . . ) But in the commercial they showed many more tsum tsums that can be purchased.

If you can't buy them in your area, the Online Disney Store has tsum tsums for sale.

The Online Japan Disney Store has other tsum tsum varieties not available yet in the USA.

Check out the cuteness!

I don't mind the occasional cuteness overload:0)

(The commercial I saw.  Yes, I took a picture with my cell.)

Below is a video of YouTuber LorienSpree opening an order from Japan.


And here's a commercial advertising the Line Tsum Tsum phone app game.

I downloaded it for free from the app store, but I guess you need a Line account to fully get it going, which I haven't done yet.  Not sure where to go for that, but it looks like fun.


This is the game opener.

More cuteness abounds!


And if you don't feel like buying them, but would rather make a tsum tsum, I found a great tutorial from YouTuber BudgetHobby.

Really creative.

Though for $4.95 I would rather buy one :0)


So if you don't like all things cute, you may not like tsum tsums.

As for me, I'm embarrassing the adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment