Sunday, June 1, 2014

And The Waltz Goes On


I discovered this YouTube video on Facebook.

It's entitled "And The Waltz Goes On," which is composed by Sir Anthony Hopkins! This is from "André Rieu - Under the Stars. Live in Maastricht 5."

I read somewhere that Hopkins wrote this piece 50 years ago, and this was his first time hearing it performed.

As a composer it's one of my dreams to hear some of my music played by an orchestra, but orchestras are kinda hard to come by, and they're expensive!  Oh, but being in front of an orchestra playing at full volume and majesty . . . there's nothing like it.  When I was a music student I had the pleasure of conducting an orchestra for a class final, the piece being the first part of Mars by Holst.  It was extraordinary.  A feeling beyond anything I've ever experienced.  Pure joy.  I was on a giddy high for 6+ hours.

"And The Waltz Goes On," is truly beautiful and haunting.

A great addition to anyone's Sunday!

Enjoy :0)   

2 comments:

  1. That was surprising, and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely amazed me. This song could totally it into the Harry Potter movies!

      Delete