Saturday, June 21, 2014

What Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are Suppose to Look Like


When I think of Ninja Turtles, the way they would look in our Universe, this is what I think of.  The turtles from the second movie.

I didn't really like the first movie.  All I remember is that Raphael goes emo.  The third movie was fun with all the time traveling and whatnot.  But the second movie,TMNT II The Secret of the Ooze was my favorite.

Then I heard that a new TMNT movie was coming out this year.

I got super excited.

Then I heard Michael Bay was behind it.

I groaned.

. . . And then I started hearing rumors that the new CGI TMNT design is a bit controversial.

I groaned again.

And then the reveal happened, 1:05 minutes into the trailer when Michelangelo takes his mask off.

. . .

They look like Aliens!!!!!!


I'm still going to see this new installment in the TMNT Universe, because the TMNT will always hold a special place in my heart.

I remember going to Pizza Hut just to play the arcade game, and then eating pizza simply to relate to the characters.  When the game got a Super NES release, I was super excited.  And there were all those times I got my friends to play TMNT on the playground at school, insisting I had to play April.  (I didn't always get to, taking turns and all, but it was fun.)

Case in point, I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie, but first impressions are everything, and this isn't a very good first impression.

4 comments:

  1. I so agree. I was very disappointed when I saw what they did the turtles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really don't know what they were thinking. Heh, I wonder if they knew what they were thinking.

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid, my sister made up a game, and we were all one of the turtles (I was Leonardo), and then she mixed it up all crazy by merging the TMNT with one of her favorite books, "Myth Adventures." (it's also one of my favorite books in existence). It made for some wild fun, and we got so involved in our games that when my sister and I and our friends got together, we would just pick up where we left off because it was so much of our identity and reality. Good times. Kinda weird, looking back, but good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't childhood make believe the greatest?! Good times :0)

      Delete