Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Power of "P"

Practice, Patience, and Persistence are the three P's you need to learn any new skill.  A fourth P, Procrastination, is a giant hole.  Don't fall in.

I wrote that yesterday on twitter, and suddenly I started getting all sentimental towards the letter P.

The Poor Pathetic People of Porterville was a group my friends and I put together in High School.  The dating situation in the small city town left a little to be desired, so on Friday nights we watched old fashioned movies instead of going out.  Sounds fun, right?  Heh, it actually was.  Alfred Hitchcock, classic musicals, Them, a 3 hour silent film that went into fast forward mode, lots of fun.

But then I got to thinking, (a dangerous pastime, I know), that there's a lot of great words that start with the letter P, both Positive and negative.

Priceless, Principled, Polite, Peculiar, Particular, etc.

There's a "getting to know you" game I've played a few times.  You sit in a circle with new friends and say your name, and then an adjective that starts with the first letter of your name, related to your personality.

Sarah: Sassy, Saucy, Sophisticated, Smart, Sincere.

Great words, granted, but if my name was Penelope, I'd really have fun.

(I suddenly want to watch Sesame Street.)

This blog post was brought to you by the letter "P".

No comments:

Post a Comment