Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Kitchen is a Magical Place

 (Image by Bjarne Thune)

I was sitting at the Dinner table with my Dad and brother Robbie a few nights ago.  Robbie exclaimed, "I've got a magic ticket to do the dishes."

"But tonight is your night," I replied.

"Exactly," he said, "Which is why I have a magical ticket."  I just looked at him when he decided to continue.  "When I have kids I'm going to put up a curtain to block off the kitchen."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because the Kitchen will be a magical place that only Mommies and Daddies can go.  Going into the kitchen will be special."

"So doing the dishes will be a privilege," I supplied.

"Exactly," he agreed, smiling at the idea.

At this moment my Dad looked up from the beautiful spaghetti meal I made and said, "I need to put a curtain over the lawn."

No comments:

Post a Comment