Friday, November 1, 2013

Another Insane Month in the Land of Nanowrimo!

(My Plot Bunny)

. . . and thus Nanowrimo begins . . . 

Nanowrimo . . . National Novel Writing Month, which takes place every November, has begun.  The goal is to write 50,000 words in the course of a month.  Full literary abandonment.  The writing doesn't even have to be good!  The goal is to simply write.

I've known about Nano since 2003, in which I completely failed that year, school taking precedence.  In 2011 I finally finished all 50,000 words, though the quality of my writing was very ill, I did get some interesting ideas in the process.  Last year was a mess.  I don't even think I started writing until day 5, and missed several days from that point to the end.  I did manage to miraculously blog every single day in November.  We'll see if that holds true again this year.  But last year, just to make the goal, I wrote 10,000 words in one day, words I will never let anyone read.

This year I'm going to write everyday, and allow myself time for some quality.  All you have to do is write 1,666 words a day to reach the goal, 2,000 words if you want to be finished before Thanksgiving.

If you've always dreamed of writing a novel and need a little push to do so, or simply love writing, you can find more information at www.nanowrimo.org

Now for a little writing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment