Thursday, November 21, 2013

Am I the Only One Disturbed?


 I love Pixar's Brave.  LOVE it!  The movie features a Scottish princess, after all, and I'm proud of my Scottish roots.


 But the doll set, featuring Queen Elinor and the Bear, that was released before the movie came out Freaked me out a little.


 You open up the bear.


Put Queen Elinor inside.


And close it.

SPOILERS!!!  And the Disney Store didn't even place a "Spoiler Warning."

Toys do seem to give away a little too much . . .

And just holding the bear feels weird.  It looks disturbing, yes, but holding it . . . holding it . . . it's hard to describe.  "It just feels strange," I told my sister-in-law Krista one day when she was in my room.  "See, hold it."

She took the bear from me, shifting it from hand to hand before clutching the middle.  "Oh, that is strange."

I got the set before it was discontinued, the store had it on sale for $10, because I already had a Merida doll.  Merida needs her Mom, after all.  That's the point of the movie.

Now when you go into the Disney Store Queen Elinor is sold by herself, without the bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment