Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Most Favorite Muppet Song

 (Image Info, Public Domain)

 The first Muppet Movie will always be the best.  I love a lot of the sequels, but the first is timeless and amazing.  The music is some of the best movie music ever written.  They're echoes of my childhood.  When I was a toddler I still remember looking at the record sleeve, studying all the pictures as I listened to the music.

Though "The Rainbow Connection" will always be special, my most favorite song is "I'm Going to go Back There Someday."  It's sung my Gonzo as he stares up at the sky, contemplating, feeling his uniqueness.  The older I get, the more powerful the words become.  They're spiritual.

 "I'm Going to go Back There Someday"

"This looks familiar, vaguely familiar,
Almost unreal, yet, it's too soon to feel yet.
Close to my soul, yet so far away.
I'm going to go back there someday.

"Sun rises, night falls, sometimes the sky calls.
Is that a song there, and do I belong there?
I've never been there, but I know the way.
I'm going to go back there someday.

"Come and go with me, it's more fun to share,
We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto love like invisible strings.

"There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met.
Part heaven, part space, or have I found my place?
You can just visit, but I plan to stay.
I'm going to go back there someday.
I'm going to go back there someday."

Written by Paul Williams and Kenny Ascher.

I love the line "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."  How many times have we felt that?  I personally think it's our spirits remembering. :0)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing. I've never seen the first movie, and I have to say I do feel a little shame in saying that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you have not seen it!? It's classic and awesome. 'nuff said. And perfect family entertainment!! You need to get your hands on it, stat.

      Delete