Friday, October 11, 2013

POPSUGAR Must Have Box October 2013: My Thoughts


 I have been wanting to try a subscription box for month, ever since I first heard about them.  What is a subscription box?  It's a box that typically surrounds a theme, and they send you a curated box full of goodies each month, which is a complete surprise.  It's like Christmas!  So I looked through the countless subscriptions out there including the various Fancy boxes, food boxes, jewelry boxes, makeup, kid themed boxes for my nieces, craft boxes, etc.

In the end I knew there was only one box I HAD to try, and that was POPSUGAR Must Have.  Currently it's $35 a month ($5 off if you use REFER5 at check out on your first box!), though next month it goes up to $35.95).  As a treat for going 3 months without sugar, I signed up for a 3 month subscription at $95, and with $5 off I'm getting these 3 boxes for $30 each!  

You can still get next months box at the low price of $35, 3 months for $95, 6 months for $190 and 12 months for $380 before it becomes $39.95 a box, 3 months for $109.85, 6 months for $214.70, and 12 months for $404.40.  I'm thinking of adding on 6 more months to take me past my birthday, which would come out to $31.67 a box.  So much better then $39.95!  


 What my box looked like when I opened it!


 The Can’t Cook Book by Jessica Seinfeld: $27.99

 What I'm most excited about!  I'm notorious with watching the food network and reading cooking magazines, and not cooking!  My cutting skills are pathetic, and I don't know how broiling works.  This cookbook takes you through all this, and this book employs digital watermakring.  Whenever a picture has a camera image, you can download an app to scan the picture and watch an instruction video on your phone.  Super cool.  And the recipes look so good!  This book became available for purchase just last Tuesday.  




Somehow Popsugar knew I needed a new brush, and one that's designed to detangle as you brush.  It works!  I tried it this morning.  I've been having issues with my last brush, pulling hair and tangling, but this new brush is awesome.



I've never been brave enough to try the smokey eye look, but now I'll have to.  These colors are so pretty.



I've been meaning to try a liquid eyeliner just to see what it's like, and I'm so glad I got brown! 




Julep is super popular in the box subscription World, and I've been really wanting to try.  The navy like color is nothing I typically use, but I know this shade is quite popular in the fashion World.  I tried it this morning, and it's super high quality.  Still not use to the color, but it's fun to try something new.  

And I love, love, LOVE the top coat!



I don't use bobby pins, but these are really cute and good quality.  I'll have to venture over to Pinterest to get some hairstyling ideas.



 Popsugar always includes a food item of some sort, and this month we got a Halloween themed gormet rice crispy treat from The Crispery!  Super marshmallowy.  Super yummy.  And HUGE.  This picture doesn't do the treat any justice.



100% of the sale of this bracelet goes towards breast cancer research.  It's bright pink thread with 18k gold covered beads.  Unfortunately mine was a whole inch short at 6" instead of 7".  I asked some gals on this Popsugar forum I frequent, and all theirs was the currect length.  I contacted costumer service and they're sending a new one.  I'm really impressed with popsugar's costumer service. 


And finally a Stitch Fix $20 gift card.  It's a clothing service that I won't be using, but I can see how it can be a lot of fun.

Not including the bracelet or gift card the value of this box is $101.44!!  Not bad for $30!!!  And if you include the bracelet and gift card then the value of the box is $166.44.

Now I can't wait to get next month :0)

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I WANT TO DO THAT! I had a couple pop up on my facebook news feed that were for kids or healthy treats, but that one looks like so much fun! You got a great box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so much fun! And it's so hard to pick a subscription box, because there's so many different kinds. This one is fun because you never know what you're going to get, because this is a "lifestyle" box, so jewelry, makeup, books, house homey things, candles, scarfs, food, can be in it, which is awesome :0)

      Delete