Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cerulean Jade Update: October 30, 2013


My brother and I, aka Cerulean Jade, is on Spotify!  We've been on there a year with our single Dream Maze, thanks to digital distribution through cdbaby.  But even knowing we paid for the distribution we didn't know our song was on this popular streaming site.  How did we find out?  After months and months we logged into the cdbaby website to see how things were going.  There we saw we'd made about $1.30 in streaming . . . $0.03 from Spotify.  Spotify!!?

When Steven told me, I rushed to the screen to see for myself.  Yes, $0.03 isn't a lot of money, but it's something!  And it means someone other then us found the song and listened to it.  That's really cool.

I just want to personally thank those who have downloaded Dream Maze and Sing We Now of Christmas.  It really means so much.

Right now one of the main things Steven and I are focusing on is getting a piano version together for Done With Gravity.  It's been so hard!  We've struggled at the piano trying to get the song to work.  The transitions have been the hardest, specifically between the verse and chorus, but recently we had a breakthrough and a solid direction of where to take the piece.  The whole mood has changed, and I'm liking the progress and feel of it so far.  Personally I'm aching to get it online!  And then we'll upload the original version, piano version, and instrumental track on Band Camp.  We're holding off putting it on cdbaby and digital distrabution for now, waiting to get together a full album, which is a ways away.  Band Camp is a fantatic place to sale our music until the album comes out. 

I can't wait to get this song up and the video recorded, and then after that we'll start uploading more original songs :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment