Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Little Pony goes to High School


The new "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" is growing on me.  It's well produced with good morals, fun music, and a very enthusiastic fan community who keep it all fresh.  Still, when I first found the trailer for the movie "My Little Pony: Equestria Girls" I didn't know what to think.  It's an interesting concept with Twilight Sparkle heading to an alternate reality where she is more human then pony, but still very colorful.  The new character designs fit the show . . . but I find them a little creepy.

Case in point: The Dolls.


 Now, I haven't seen the movie all the way through.  When I found one of my brothers watching the movie it looked cute, and I stopped to watch a little, until getting distracted by something a little more interesting . . . 

But still, I really wonder how kids have responded to My Little Pony going human, if only for a period, and if the dolls will sell or flop.

The dolls have one thing going for them: They're cuter then those freaky Bratz dolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment