Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Ghost in the Desert

Every now and then we experience something out of the ordinary. It tricks our brain, causing us to question reality, and after awhile we wonder if it was all a dream.

On October 2nd,  a Saturday,  such a thing happened to me. My Mom and I were driving home from Disneyland, past Las Vegas by at least a half hour. Not quite sure of the location, but we were in the middle of nowhere traveling on the I-15 towards Mesquite.

The light in the sky was growing dim. A little past dusk but still awhile till twilight, when I saw the figure.  There was a hill, and I saw a person clothed in complete black walking towards the highway.  Faced covered, head to feet, no color variation or striking features. Nothing. Just this person walking, alone, in the desert.

"Mom, look! There's a person walking!" I said.

"What?"

"A person! Right over there." I pointed, but she was driving, looking where I pointed but right back to the road.

"I don't see anything."

"The person's right there!" I said again, pointing.

And she repeated, "I don't see anything."

As we were about to pass this person stopped at the road, shifting weight from one leg to the other as we passed, appearing to look at me.  I couldn't see their face. Couldn't see any features. They seemed to wear a black skirt and had a black side bag to their right.  Once again, no color variation. No skin. No hair. Not sure of gender. A physical shadow.

After we passed I looked over my shoulder looking at them, stunned and questioning my sight. They stood by the road in silhouette. Over my shoulder, looking at the side mirror, over my shoulder, and the mirror again I stared until they were out of sight.

On Amazon I found a full body costume that would cover a person in black. Perhaps they were wearing this? But why were they walking in the middle of the desert? There was a hill, maybe there was a town on the other side? A road? Was this person trying to freak people out? It worked on me. Not so much that I couldn't sleep that night, but the image of this figure shifting weight from one leg to the other flashes in my brain from time to time.

Did I see something real? Someone playing a joke? A ghost? ... a demon? Steven suggested it could have been an alien. :\

It's crazy when the practical seems unrealistic to the fantastical.

But maybe there are those who like to cover themselves in black, hide themselves, and go on casual walks in the desert? Why not? Stranger things have happened this year.

It really was weird!!!

Have a good night.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment