Monday, November 1, 2021

I Almost Quit This Thing plus Getting Back from Mexico

A couple weeks ago I decided to quit this blog.  I told a couple couple.  Felt quite absolute, but decided to sleep on it.  Honestly, I have decided to keep writing, but the feeling to end this blog was surprising.  This was the first time I've felt this way.  In the past I simply took a break.  So, for now, I'm going to keep this up, and at the moment not stress about writing more than three blog posts a week.  No worrying about being consistent with movie reviews on Monday.  Simply write what I find interesting.  

Technology keeps changing.  The popular in the moment never remains the same.  This whole meta thing has me worried.  Known about it for quite some time, along with other stuff.  The more technology advances, the more I want to embrace the past.  The more I romanticize simpler times.  Moving to a cottage on Prince Edward Island, in the Summer and next to a beach, seems so idyllic.  I love the quaint.  More and more I want in person interaction.  

Yesterday I got back from a cruise to Mexico.  My Mom and I canceled two booked cruises--one through the panama canal, the other to Costa Maya--and then, at the last moment, booked the first sailing on the Norwegian Bliss to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán, and Cabo San Lucas. Didn't do any excursions.  Only got off the ship twice to look at souvenir shops near the port.  Found some treasurers.  Met really nice, incredible people.  Enjoyed the ship.

Now and then I still feel phantom swaying from the ship.  Walking through a cruise ship on a sea day is so crazy.  It's nearly impossible to walk in a straight line.  And the up and down from the ship creates a feeling of being stretched and then compressed.  The sensation is kinda cool.  We stayed in a balcony room, and when the ship was moving the ocean against the ship sounded like a beach surf.  It was so calming.  

The morning we approached Mazatlán I went onto the balcony as the ship was still moving, and there was a hill with all these homes.  It was dawn, so all these roasters were crowing in a grand chorus, dogs barking along.  And a few moments later a red sun peaked through clouds.

Sad to be back.  But I'm thankful to have had the experience.  Someday I hope to pass through the Panama Canal and see the Mayan ruins.  Both are bucket list experiences.  Someday.  But I'm thankful for every chance to travel and see things.  See and feel.

I hope you're having a great day,
Sarah  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment