Monday, June 29, 2020

Just A Quickie

Before heading to bed I wanted to jot a little thing on this page.  Apart of being more regular in writing--yes, this last week was beyond sporadic--I've been trying to prepare a post the day or so before it appears, so that it uploads at 3 am mountain time.  It's a good goal, but it's been interesting trying to develop this habit.

It's early in the morning and I don't want to go to sleep.  Read some stuff that got me a little spooked, and I'll leave it at that.  And I knew better, too. -_-;; So regretting it right now.  The fact that it's really windy doesn't help.  It's been windy all day.  I love the wind.  Learned today that my Grandma hates it, which is just weird to me.  But there have been fires on the hills threatening homes, so for their sake I hope the wind calms down and it rains some more.

I've been debating whether or not to continue blogging about past travels.  I put a stop to it when all the boarders closed, because writing about travel seemed wrong.  Apart of it seems selfish.  No, it is selfish, but it's something I want to do.  Mainly because I feel land locked, unable to travel anywhere, and when I did travel my journal writing was inconsistent.  I've been slowly backing up my blog, and even if people may not like what I've shared so far, for my own record keeping sake I'm glad I've shared what I have, just because it's recorded.  But I also find joy in it as well.  So, I'm still trying to figure out how I'll approach it, and it won't dominate this blog as I have other things to write about, but revisiting past trips will be fun.  Kinda need it for my soul.

I'm just starring at the screen right now.  Kind of zoned out there a little.  Listening to cars out late.  The house screeching from wind.  Other creaks that have me jumping a little.  And my stomach.  I don't need a late night snack! 

I'm Also going to take some time in the next several weeks to work on family history.  I won't be sharing it here, unless there's an interesting story.  It's just something I really need to do.  It's pretty overwhelming, honestly.  I have the first part of my Grandma's handwritten life story, and I'm going to type it out for her, so that's going to be interesting.  My Mom and I gave her one of those books with questions, and it overwhelmed her, so I'm going to have to record her while asking questions.  I honestly need to start doing that with my parents.  And I have so many pictures to scan and document.

But I have other projects.  I'm developing a podcast with my brother Michael.  We've been doing practice episodes for over a month.  More information on that later, as we're still working through things.

Music.  I'm still building up to that.  I haven't practiced the piano since my ice-skating accident many years ago.  I know that's pathetic!!!  It is.  So... I think it's just a mental thing I need to crack.  My wrist and arm no longer hurt, so no excuses.  A couple posts ago I mentioned how much I love the music from The Secret World of Arrietty.  Last year while in Japan I found the sheet music in a Yamaha store at an intermediate level.  I've been looking at it.  It's time to just sit at the piano and have a go again.  Brave it.  Accept whatever level I've slipped back to and work from that point.  Silly.  So silly.  But it's time.

Oh, and I'm working on writing stuff, too. ;0)

Pretty much I have a Jack of all trades thing going on here. :\  I just want to do "all the things". -_-;;

Anywho, I need to get off this thing.  Brave the night.  My tummy is making noises.  Heh.  Conundrum.

And until next time... Slán!  (That's goodbye in Irish)
  
(Heh, now do I or don't I proof read this thing??!! :P )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment