Friday, September 13, 2019

Building a Savi's Workshop Lightsaber in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, Why I Think It's Possessed, and Where to Find the Batteries


So I've built a lightsaber.  That makes me a Jedi, right?

It totally does.

Building a lightsaber is a rite of passage, and at Savi's Workshop at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, Black Spire Outpost, in Disneyland you can build one for $200.  It's expensive.  Becoming a Jedi does not come cheap.




You have to choose what set to work within.

Unfortunately there's no mixing and matching.





 Entering the hideout.




 First you select a crystal: Green, Blue, Red, or Purple.

I choose green.


 The set I get to work within.  For $200 it would be nice to keep all the parts in the set to play with later.  Apparently it was once possible to purchase saber scrap metal at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities, but when I went to inquire about it, they said this benefit was no longer offered.






 Magic!

And I'm the only green saber of the group.


 So . . .

When you buy a droid they tell you to turn it off or it will beep through the night.

Nothing was said about the lightsabers.

I built mine at the end of July.  And I noticed, starting a few weeks ago, that whenever I moved around the room it would make a humming sound, like when you put the crystal in.  Didn't think much of it.  Assumed my saber was being overly sensitive.  If we can be overly sensitive, why can't machines?

Then, about a couple weeks ago, right as I was getting ready for bed, I heard my saber make a strike sound, like it was getting hit.  It takes great effort for me to get that effect on a good day.  Didn't think much of it.  Went to bed.  Work up around five in the morning, made the humming sound when I hopped out of bed, and then got back under the covers.

About five to ten minutes later my lightsaber made the turn on noise and the green light moved halfway up and down the blade, lighting up my room.  I stared at it, more than a little spooked, and quickly turned on the lights.

Those batteries were coming out!

Maybe my room's haunted.  The next day one of my brothers joked that one of the first things a ghost hunter does is teach a ghost how to turn on lights.

Didn't need to hear that. -_-;;

Technically, if not a ghost, it could simply be the battery dying and the saber's technology freaking out over dwindling power.  Apparently when you place the crystal inside the hilt it lights up as the color of the crystal, and it stays lit up, even with the outer casing covering it, so batteries die quick.  If you want to preserve battery power you should remove the pack when not in use.



It was tricky figuring out where the battery pack was, as I had to consult YouTube with no brain power at five in the morning.  It's at the bottom.  Twist the bottom off, take the battery pack out.  There's tiny screws that require a tiny screwdriver, which I haven't sought out, so I haven't replaced the batteries.

Still, technology or ghost, the saber turning on on it's own, filling my room up with green light, was really creepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment