Monday, September 16, 2019

'Tis the Season for Pumpkin Goodness


A couple weeks or so ago I said I wasn't ready for Autumn and everything that comes with it, but that's changed.  Maybe it's the occasional lower temperatures mixed with remnants of Summer.  Maybe I've fallen victim to supermarkets bringing out seasonal Autumn goodness.

Pumpkin goodies really are the best.

While at Trader Joe's, which is quickly growing to be one of my favorite places (thanks to the most interesting items), I spotted this Danish Kringle.  It was obscured in paper, no hints peaking through.  What was it?  What could it be?  What loveliness lie within?

Visions of Solvang, that glorious place that's totally worth a gander if you've never been, sprung to mind.  Variations of Danishes taunting their various flavors.  My Mom tried a sample of this Danish Kringle earlier in the week and said it was heaven, so I had to try for myself.


 This Danish Kringle from OH Danish Bakery was so good and tasty, one of the best Danish pastries I've ever had, and that includes all the many, many times I've visited Solvang growing up till now.  It's $21.49 on their website, but at Trader Joe's it was about $7.99 or so, maybe more.  Can't remember the exact price, but reasonable enough to try something new.


 And now I'm ready for Autumn!  More pumpkin goodness and apple crisp please.  And, gasp, I'm even starting to itch at seeing a Christmas Hallmark movie, though I really shouldn't get ahead of myself! 0_0.

No comments:

Post a Comment