Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My New Favorite "Get Away From The Crowds" Spot at Disneyland, and another place to see the Galaxy's Edge contruction


I love Disneyland.  It seems no matter how many times I visit it just never gets old.  But, as much as I love this place, crowds are synonymous with all Disney parks.  Every now and then it's nice, while in the parks, to get away and take in what Disney does best: atmosphere.  When you enter Disneyland you truly are transported, and there's so many ways to escape.  And there's also little nooks and crannies to explore.

I found a new favorite place at Disneyland to go to when I want to get away from the crowds, sit down, kick my feet up, and enjoy a break: The Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country.

The restaurant itself is standard burger fare.  Regardless, if you need a place to sit there's plenty of seating upstairs and down, much of which is in the shade.

I grabbed a far spot on the top deck looking over the Rivers of America.  This spot is far enough away that you can't hear people in the main parts of Critter Country.  You can hear nature bird effects for the river, a native American flute, the Columbia sailing ship passing by, those exploring Tom Sawyer Island, and the passing train.  It's away from everything, yet it feels like you're in the middle of the magic.  If Walt Disney was alive I think he would enjoy this little nook.

For now this restaurant is quiet.  I wonder what it will be like when Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens, as Critter Country is one of the entry points into this new land opening up next year.  By the way, you can get a view of the construction for Galaxy's Edge at the restaurant.

Want to know one of the best ways to see Galaxy's Edge?  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, right when you take the first big drop at the top.  You see the new land in full panorama, and man is it big.


Watching Columbia pass by.


I grabbed a drink and a ginger bread cookie inspired by the Haunted Mansion.  The day before I tried getting a ginger bread cookie at the Beauty of the Beast restaurant in Fantasyland, Red Rose Taverne, but it was sold out.  Holiday Ginger Bread cookies sale out early.  You can also try the "grey stuff" at Red Rose as well, which is interesting with fruit stuff in the middle.


View of the river from the top deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment