Thursday, November 22, 2018

Living With Gratitude



"When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

This morning I watched Thomas S. Monson's talk "The Divine Gift of Gratitude," which is where the two quotes in this blog post came.  A wonderful talk.  If I could copy and paste the whole thing I would.

We live in a World where so much is taken for granted.  There's tragedy, we all endure trials, but for the most part we have so much to be thankful, even in the hardest of times.  I get caught up with the "glass half empty" mantra.  When times are tough it's easy to view life through micro moments, instead of taking a step back and viewing everything as a whole, seeing the little things all together.

It seems lately I've been very blessed.  Blessed in that I've been given opportunities to travel.  This last year has been filled with highs and lows.  I've really struggled.  But overall I shouldn't complain.  I'm thankful.

So I hope this day, Thanksgiving, you can find all the many ways to be thankful.  That you're with family, and if not, you're with friends.

Happy Thanksgiving.

“The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life.  Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!” ~ Joseph F. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment