Saturday, November 10, 2018

Walking Around the Latter-Day Saint Paris France Temple


Less than two weeks ago I had the pleasant opportunity to walk around the Latter-Day Saint temple grounds in Paris, France.  It's located close to Versailles about 2.3 kilometers.  This new temple was under construction when I visited Versailles in April, 2016, so a visit then wasn't practical.

This temple was announced in 2011 and completed in 2017.

What makes this temple unique is that it doesn't have an angle Moroni on its top, and the overall design is different than other Latter-Day Saint temples, blending beautifully with its surroundings.

I loved walking around and taking these gardens in, looking up at the beautiful facade.  There's also a small visitors center with elder couple missionaries, ready to answer any questions.  In the visitors center there's also a small replica of the temple with rooms you can look into.

It's interesting, I visited this temple after visiting Versailles, taking in those gallant gardens with their fountains spraying in magnificent fashion.  Yet I loved visiting this temple.  It's not grand like Versailles.  These gardens are small and simple.  Even so, no amount of grandness can compare to the sweet feeling of the spirit.  I'm so glad I had the chance to visit this beautiful place.











No comments:

Post a Comment