Thursday, November 8, 2018

In Which I Discover Wax Museums are a Little Creepy, Grévin Museum, Paris (2016)


 Wax Museums.  I've heard about them.  Saw online stuff about them.  When my Mom visited Las Vegas this one time she visited Madame Tussauds and loved it, but mainly because she geeked out over Benjamin Franklin.

I've never had much interest in visiting one.  The idea of it all just sounds bizarre.  Life like models of individuals in wax, designed scientifically.  It all just feels like an grand invasion of privacy, as if there's not enough of that going one these days.

Tata Patou took my Mom and I to Grévin Museum in Paris.  I went out of curiosity.  Honestly, it was an interesting experience.  A lot of French celebrities I didn't know, some international stars that were familiar.  It was strange.  I don't know.  It's just strange.  The historical section was interesting.

























Photos by Sarah and Robin Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment