Wednesday, November 14, 2018

How I Got Three October Mickey Mouse Memory Plushes


So how did I get three October Mickey Mouse plushes?  Dumb luck, and being in Paris the day or so after its release.  So this is really a tale of how Europe benefited from Disney taking extra Mickeys from the China stores, as they don't have the demand and always have extra, and putting them in Europe/UK Disney Stores.  Meanwhile in the U.S.A. people camp outside stores and stay up late for the Mickey plush to sale out within minutes online.  Drama.

But seriously, the only other plush I've bought is the May plush.  The last few months have been crazy.  I collect what I like, not to sale, and being the nerd I am the October plush looks really cool, representing the year 2000.  It seemed impossible getting the plush and pin set this month, being in Europe, but it just so happened that our tour guide allowed us an hour and a half to wander around the Opera de Paris area, and there was a Disney Store right across the street in a shopping department store type place.  I wasn't even thinking they would have pins or plushes left, just assumed they would have sold out.

The main goal for visiting the Paris Disney Store was to see if they have exclusive Disney Store France items.  Dublin had notepads, bags, and mugs in the Irish spirit.  I didn't visit a Disney Store in London, but in YouTube videos I've watched they've showed London exclusive items.  The entire Tokyo stores are pretty much full of exclusives.  Japan has a lot of fun Disney merchandise.  In the Paris store they had a Minnie plush wearing a cute outfit and candles made in France.  I didn't get the Minnie plush, but I did get the Tinker Bell candle that smells so good and is really cute.

I wasn't even looking for Mickey Memories, getting distracted by 90th anniversary stuff, getting a small gold Mickey.

While in line for the check out my Mom was like, "Isn't that the monthly Mickey's?" I looked where she pointed and gasped, seeing several Mickey's hanging in green nerdy fashion, staring at me.  This is something you wouldn't see in a U.S.A. store.  We got one each, and when we were leaving I realized my brother Micheal, who's a computer programmer, would love a Mickey.  We asked if we could get another, and they let us!!  The U.S.A stores has a one plush per person policy.  The online store has a one plush per household policy, even stricter.

Really lucky.




The ceiling inside the shopping center.


The golden Mickey and candle I also got at the Paris Disney store.


I got the May Mickey Memories plush/pins and the September Mickey Memories pins online, not wanting to deal with the store crowd.  The only time this year I went to the Disney Store to get an exclusive LE item was for Mulan.  My Mom and I got there an hour early, 4th and 5th in line.  Nobody else came.  When the Disney employees let us in, they informed us they only got 5 Mulan dolls.  It was fortunate that everyone who showed up got one, and that no one missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment