Monday, August 20, 2018

Visiting Monet's Home in Giverny France


On Friday, April 15, 2016, I had the amazing opportunity to visit Monet's home in Giverny France.  This is where you can find his Japanese Garden, which I'll share in my next France post.  This was my favorite day during the entire month long trip.  As a child I've always loved Monet and his artwork.  His dabs of paint that form complete pictures is simply fascinating.  Visiting his home was far more amazing than I could have imagined.  I loved every moment.


 Figuring out how to get to Monet's home from the parking lot.








My Mom was super excited.








 What I found so amazing was all the original Japanese wood prints.

They were amazing!

I love Japanese culture, and I had no idea Monet collected this Japanese art form.  Every room seemed to have these wood prints covering the walls.  I found myself getting caught up studying both Monet's art and these prints.  Pictured above to the left is Asakusa, one of the places I visited in 2015.  Just gorgeous.







Monet's art studio.

My Mom's favorite room.

If she could live here she probably would.

We spent so much time here.













The dining room.  See all the wood prints?  Ah man.





 My Mom loved this little cat and got a replica from the gift shop.





 The kitchen.  I loved going from the yellow room to a blue tiled room.  Such wonderful contrast.




A beckoning garden.

If you love Monet you HAVE to visit his home in Giverny.  It's amazing.

(I'll blog Monet's Garden by the end of the week.)

Photos by Sarah and Robin Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment