Friday, August 24, 2018

D23 Fall 2018 Magazine Celebrates 90 Years of Mickey



 A surprise came in the mail today: the Fall 2018 D23 magazine.

I got the package, baffled at what it could be as I haven't ordered anything recently.  It came in a very slim box, which is impressive.  This is the second issue I've received.  After years of wanting this magazine, which is pricey at $75, I finally splurged.  If you're not familiar with D23, it's the official Disney fan club.  With the price you get a cool gift full of reproduced memorabilia from the Disney archives, 4 seasonal magazines, and discount tickets to the D23 fan convention,  on sale now for 2019.

When I opened the mysterious box I saw this beautiful painting of Mickey.  It doesn't look like a typical magazine cover!  At first I thought it was a print.  D23 isn't scrolled on the top.  It's a cover that can be framed.  In fact a printed frame lines its border.  "Fall 2018" in small print.  The cover feels special, but Mickey's 90th B-day, this November I believe, is special.

Inside there's an article all about Mickey with gorgeous artwork.

There's also Halloween articles about Jack Skellington and the Haunted Mansion, The Nutcracker, Star Wars Resistance, Hocus Pocus, and the Tokyo Disney Sea expansion.


The Tokyo Disney Sea expansion looks so amazing!!!  The park is already amazing!  It's getting better.  I might just want to live there.  Disney Sea is a bunch of sea ports with different themes, and this new port has a Frozen section, Tangled Section, and Peter Pan section, each getting a ride, Peter Pan getting 2 rides and a Lost Boy Hideaway restaurant.  Doesn't that sound amazing!!?

The article is a great read with more concept art.

A few years ago I wrote my experience visiting Tokyo Disney Sea: Part 1 and Part 2.

Returning again would be so amazing, allowing more time to take it all in.

All in all, D23 is a nice magazine with cool info.

Though I have a year subscription, I have seen it in the past at Barnes and Noble.


With the Mickey Memories Plush monthly madness, I only have May, there's been hype surrounding Mickey's Birthday.  A lot of special memorabilia.  I like what I have, though my Mom surprised me with this bracelet from Kohls.  Totally wearing it now, and now I want to go to Disneyland.

Everyday is a good day for Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment