Friday, August 10, 2018

Remembering My Grandpa Paul R., 1932-2018


 My Grandfather passed away July 14th, 2018.  My Mom, Aunt Tam, our French friend Patou, and I were in California when his health took a turn for the worse, and we knew we wouldn't make it back in time.  His burial was last week.  He didn't want a burial.  He wanted his ashes spread somewhere between Santa Barbara and the Channel Islands, no funeral service.  Instead we found a Veterans cemetery, which we feel he would have liked.  He was proud of his military service, and we feel he would be happy being close to us.  When deciding what should go on his grave my brother Michael came up with, "Sailing the Interlude."  Interlude was the name of his sail boat, and there's a wonderful double meaning there.

Grandpa, I love you.

Have fun Sailing the Interlude.




No comments:

Post a Comment