Saturday, July 14, 2018

Oh, Thou cursed LEGO! an original poem


Oh, Thou cursed LEGO!

You hidest in strange places,
Cursing me with your stealth! 

How do you do it?

Just when I think you're cleared away,
you pounce!

Under foot you hide.

Waiting.

Patient.

Oh, thou has the greatest patience.

And without warning you strike!

Oh cursed, foul!

You strike me with pain!

My foot throbs with your poking!

Your sharp edges sharp like a knife, stabbing tender flesh.

If you weren't so fun with play,
I'd be done with you!

But for now, fie!

Be gone!

Until I'm over this mild shock and we can rejoin our friendship, talking like good minded folk, creating dynasties and worlds, ships of great worth.  Then, and only then, will I take you back.

~ Sarah Stufflebeam
(Inspired by true events)

No comments:

Post a Comment