Friday, July 20, 2018

Getting My Fortune from Zoltar


 When I visited Stearns Wharf in Santa Barbara last week, I found good ol' Zoltar hanging out in a shop on the pier. For fun I decided to get my fortune read.  After feeding him a dollar this card came out.


 My Fortune:

 "You've been wondering what to do with all those benefits you have or are about to receive.  Just remember as the branches of a tree return their sap to the root, from where it comes, as a river pours its streams to the sea, where its spring was supplied.  The heart of the grateful man is delighted to return a benefit received.  You are basically a kind and good person.  You may be pleased to know that there is many a good man to be found under a shabby hat."

So . . . a glorified fortune cookie, mixing fortune with good advice.

I'm going to receive a great benefit.  Be grateful.  Give back.  I'm a good person.

Not a shabby fortune.


And here's the shabby hat I was wearing when I read it.  Proof that good people wear shabby hats?  Just wearing my Cambria love.

No comments:

Post a Comment