Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Reflecting on Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream coat: Middle School Memories


Over the weekend I saw a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at the Hale Center Theater in Orem UT.  It was fantastic, and unfortunately we saw it on the very last day of performance, so we can't go see it again.  The choreography, costumes, singing, and fun floor were top notch.

And it took me back to my middle school days at Pioneer Middle School (PMS . . . ) in Porterville.  We had a drama club that met after school, and it was so popular you had to audition to be in it.  My eighth grade year we performed Joseph, and I was one of four narrators.  For a production put on by 7th-8th graders it was pretty good.  And boy did we have fun.  So much fun.  It was a blast.

But it was strange watching the show last Saturday.  I used to have every song completely memorized, but I honestly don't think I've heard the music in well over a decade.  The songs familiar and new somehow.  The humor and one liners fresh.  It was strange realizing how much I'd forgotten!  Kinda makes me feel old :P

No comments:

Post a Comment