Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Provo City Center Temple Dedication


 A few weeks ago the Provo City Center Temple was dedicated, and a few weeks before that I went to the open house.  This temple is the 150th temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints in operation.  So amazing.  I still remember when Gordon B. Hinckley announced the plans for smaller temples, therefore allowing more temples to be built around the World, and many members in other countries would no longer have to travel so far.  Shortly after that announcement the Fresno temple was built and dedicated.  That was the first temple open house I went to, and it was very exciting.  No more youth trips to the Los Angeles temple.

The Provo City Center Temple, which was once the Provo Tabernacle before it caught fire, will always have a special place in my heart.  I got to perform in two back to back years in the Wasatch Choral festival, the first year with LDC, and the next year with BYU Woman's chorus.  I sang in Stake Choirs there.  Robbie graduated high school there.  That's super cool.  But I have so many memories.  Many people here do.

The Temple was beautiful as I finally got the chance to walk through it.  I love how they honored the tabernacle by using rich woods and other details.

I feel so blessed to live in a place with so many temples.

(The Provo Tabernacle, a few years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment