Thursday, January 28, 2016

Protected On My Drive Home: The Things That Almost Happened, but Didn't


I'm really counting my blessings right now.

I'm feeling so incredibly blessed and thankful.

A couple bad things almost happened to me, but thankfully didn't.

Right before I left to go home from Highland dance tonight my instructor, Kathryn, was prompted to warn me about deer, because they've been out in the area.  The warning made me feel a little nervous, but I didn't worry too much. 

Then, as I was about to drive out of the housing area, the radio station I was listening to suddenly stopped playing.  A feeling to be careful came over me, and I changed the station.  Then, a mile down, I got the prompting that I was driving too fast.  I was going 40 mph, the speed limit, but I slowed to 35 mph, and then I suddenly saw them, two deer on the side of the road making a run for it.  It was so dark I barely saw them, but I was able to slow down enough to let them pass.

When I was about 3 miles from my home another feeling came over me, a feeling that I needed to slow down again and merge to the far right lane.  My car at that point started shaking pretty bad, and I knew it was more then the road being bumpy.

My head went into prayer mode, "please let me get home, please let me get home, please let me get home," over and over.  And as I drove I hit all green lights and was able to make the turns.

When I got out of the car an overwhelming odor of burnt rubber hit me, and after investigating with a flashlight I found the flat tire.

I have to get new tires now, and I hope the rim wasn't damaged, but tonight could have gone so badly.  I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment