Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Great Invention: Snow! -_-;;


(A conversation I had with my Dad last week)

Me: Snow!  I hate snow!  I hate Winter!

My Dad: What a great invention!

Me: How is it a great invention?

My Dad: You create these things called mountains.  You put snow on it, and in the Summer, when there's no rain, you have water flowing down the mountain all year long, even when you don't know where the water is coming from, like Bridal Veil Falls.  It's a great invention."

(I see the logic, it's true, but I still don't have to like it!  Goodness, I promised myself at the end of my California trip last November that I would never grumble about snow again.  This was a total failure last week!  Snow is a blessing.  A blessing.  And without it I wouldn't love Spring and Autumn so much . . . though when I was living in California without snow I still loved Spring and Autumn, so there you go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment